Heroes Con 2013 is only 14 days away! Table listings just went up and it looks like the 1000 block in Indie Island is going to be the place to visit!
Kelly Williams and I will be at Table 1008 selling comics, prints and souls. Kelly’s also doing sketches and if you haven’t seen his original art before, check out this selection I pulled in a post last year.
Several of our comics cohorts are in the same block. Come visit all of us if you’re at the show!
- Dave Wachter (Table 1010): Breath of Bones: A Tale of the Golem, Night of 1,000 Wolves, That Hellbound Train, Guns of Shadow Valley.
- Robert Wilson IV & Brian Winkeler (Table 1009): Knuckleheads (Issue 2 out now!)
- Joel Carroll (Table 1007): Cuttle & Chirp, Skullkickers, Topaz, Flight
- Rafer Roberts (Table 1024): Plastic Farm
- Jason Horn (Table 1011): Ninjasaur
- Rich Barrett (Table 1015): Nathan Sorry
- Mike Maihack (Table 1006): Cleopatra in Space
Most of my life I’ve wanted to do the badges (or program cover) for HEROES CON. This year I was lucky enough to get the privilege. Throw in the fact that I got to play with Mike Mignola’s universe again and it’s a very cool little belt notch. Thanks so much to Shelton Drum and Rico Renzi for asking.
Of course there are different badges for different types of attendees, but I’m told that the only folks assured of a badge are the advance ticket holders. So I suggest that you go buy your advance passes here:
Hope to see you there….
FREE COMIC BOOK DAY. This Saturday, May 4, I’ll be a guest at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find’s Free Comic Book Day extravaganza. It’s going to be, frankly, bananas, with over 20 artists signing autographs and doing sketches, including guys like Brian Stelfreeze, Adam Hughes, and Tony Harris, who I know from experienced are going to have super heavy duty lines.
SO if you’re in the Charlotte area Saturday, drop by between 1 and 5 and get a free sketch from me! They’ll be on a little 4.25” x 5.5” piece of cardstock, as pictured above, and will be probably in ink and watercolor, depending on how many people are waiting behind you. No charge, although I may have a few prints for sale, depending on how cheeky I’m feeling, and I’ll definitely have a tip jar.
Full details here at Heroes’ FB page, and a list of all the free comic books—remember the free comic books?—you can get here on their site.
Look at the cool print Errol is bringing to HeroesCon!
IT’S DONE!! My Final Heroes Con print: “Long Ago In A Distant Land…”
Good god, that was a trial. Now it’s time to churn this cover out, and the business cards and send everything to print.
SUPERMAG REVIEW by CRAIG FISCHER -
Craig Fischer reviews Supermag on the Heroes Aren’t Hard to Find blog.
What?! Ultron’s not Indie! He is too! This Ultron is so Indie he’s not even the right colors!
Ultron is here to let you know about today’s Big Guest List update focusing on Indie Island. So go check it out and then get your HeroesCon 3 day passes so you don’t miss the fun!
Here’s hoping you forgive me for my goofy jokes and Mr. Dorkin forgives me for desecrating his cool Ultron drawing.
Heroes Convention is in Charlotte, North Carolina, June 7-9 2013. Get your 3 day passes today! The full guest list (so far) is here.
Supergirl painting done at Heroes Con live art auction 2008, (I think)
Heroes Con Commisson Details:
Hello everyone! Elizabeth and I will be attending Heores Con this June 7-9, and we’ll be bringing lots of goodies with us.
Mitch’s Commission list at Heroes Con will be very exclusive. 6 slots are available for pre-con signups. Details are as follows:
- Commissions will be on large tonal 12 x 16 Canson Art paper.
- Artwork will be fully brush inked with wash details and finished with white gouache detailing to create beautiful 3D effect on the tonal paper.
- Commissions will be $300 which gets you 2-2:30 of quality board time.
- Use the “contact us” link on our Tumble blog to sign up!
Many of our stunning giclee print products with be coming along with us as well:
- A new limited edition print drawn by Mitch and colored by Elizabeth exclusively for Heroes Con. (details coming)
- Elizabeth will be bringing a wide selection of Monoprints of her color work. So if you have a favorite page, be sure to scoop up one of these exclusive 1-of-1 oversized printings.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!